The primary ways to open a recording or score in Variations are:
- IUCAT - Search the entire collection of over 27,000 online recordings and approximately 700 scores
- Course Reserve Lists - Browse the lists to access online course materials
Searching in IUCAT
- Open IUCAT in your web browser.
- On the "Limit your Search" sidebar on the left, click on "Collection".
- Select "Variations Collection" to limit your search to just streaming audio available on Variations.
- Type in your search terms and hit the Enter key. For example, here is a search for Schubert:
More searching tips are available on the library's IUCAT help page.
- Click on the link for the item you want to listen to.
- In the bibliographic record under "URL" is a link to the Variations access page. Click the link.
- On the access page, click on the track or work you want to hear or view. Here is what an access page looks like:
- If you are not already logged into Variations, a window will open prompting you for your IU username and password. Otherwise, the player or viewer will open.